Saturday, August 2, 2008

Welcome baby Briggs!!!


Hot off the press! My best friend Jenny and her husband Brock had their sweet little boy Briggs Matthew this morning at 8:22am! He weighs 7 lbs even, and he is just a cutie patootie!


Thanks to Aunt Lacie for visiting Jenny for me and getting this great picture above. Ha ha ha.

I talked to her a little while ago, and she is doing great! She started having contractions last night around 10pm, and by 2:30am, I had a text message saying that they were at the hospital and she was 4cm dialated!! This was it!! She also noted that YES, I will KNOW when its the real thing!! This morning at 5:30am, Brock sent me a pic of her smiling in her bed saying "Angle, the epidoral is the bomb!!" She also texted that "So far, its a piece of cake!" I hated to tell her, but frankly, the part I am most worried about had not happened yet!!

Then after the doctor arrived, she only had about 10 minutes of pushing, and Briggs was here!! I thought with all this excitement and adrenaline that I was feeling waiting to hear the news, it would get you in the right mode to come out, but no such luck yet!! Maybe Penne is right - maybe you are just content and comfortable in there, and you're not coming out without a fight!!

Regardless, I am soooo happy for Jen and Brock and baby Briggs!!
I can't believe that in that short amount of time, Jenny now has this new little person in her life!!
Isn't life amazing?? Now more than ever, I can't wait for you to get here.

Love, Mom

4 comments:

~Michelle said...

Awww. Congrats to Jenny! You totally need a picture of you, Jenny and Stina all with yalls babies in arms. (when all the babies arrive of course) That would be so cute! You are next my friend =)

Anonymous said...

It won't be long now! I know your Mother is packed and sitting in the car waiting to leave!! Good luck!
Linda

Anonymous said...

Angelle, it's official...you're bigger than I was! God got you back for making fun of me! Maybe there's a 10-pounder in there! Good luck, Penne

PS Congrats Jenny!!

Anonymous said...

ahhhhhhhhhh so sweet, crying now!!
cant wait for you to experience it all angle, you will love it and be such a wonderful mom!!
love yall
jen-nay