Saturday, August 30, 2008

Ella's First Party!


As Hurricane Gustav gains strength and gets closer to the Gulf Coast, Bart and I have done just about all we can do to prepare. I can't believe its already a category 4! Safe travels to all my friends and family who are evacuating, and I'll be praying for all you who have decided to ride out the storm. One good thing out of all this is that I get to see Jenny and meet Briggs tomorrow as they have evacuated to Houston! Woohoo!



Today, Bart and I took Ella to our good neighbor's Necoy and Mel's housewarming party next door. We had such a great time. They had a spread of Philipino cuisine that was out of this world. They also had a roasted pig and some of the coolest desserts. When we first arrived, some ladies were singing at the piano - and we found out Mel has a great voice himself. But later, they broke out the karaoke machine. Well, that was right up my alley. Between the beer and spiked punch and the energetic crowd, you KNOW I had to sing a song or two. We had so much fun! How much fun did Ella have? She slept the ENTIRE TIME - blaring music and all.


We decided when we're trying to get Ella to sleep tonight, we will put the TV on volume 200! The more noise apparently, the better.

One last congrats to my friend Melissa's sister Mossy on her new baby girl, Katelyn Teresa. She was born this afternoon via c-section at 6 lbs 6 ozs. Congrats to the Bales family!

Love,
Mama Gelle

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ella's 1st party experience looks like fun!!! And soo many more to come! :)

~ Lacie