Saturday, January 23, 2010

Amelia Rosetta

We went to the doctor's office this morning to check on Amelia's colic. I just wanted to make sure I had her on the right formula and that it wasn't anything more than gas (since it's been going on since SHE WAS BORN). So, the three of us went see Dr. Nguyen, and they just did her two month checkup while I was there too. First things first, Amelia is doing GREAT. Dr. Nguyen said she is so alert and aware of her surroundings. And she smiled and cooed at her, so she already knew how to get on the doc's good side in hopes there won't be as many shots. Ha...unfornately all that cooing was in vain because she had to get THREE shots...two in one leg and one in the other. It was horrific, but luckily Ella was distracting me from having to watch or think about them mauling my little angel. She was a trooper too...only cried for like 20 seconds!


She weighed 12 lbs and 12 ozs, which means she is in the 90th percentile for weight! Wowser! She's definitely not missing any meals. And she measured 23 inches, which also put her in a high percentile. As far as the colic goes, Dr Nguyen just said to tough it out. She said if she is sleeping and eating good, and she's growing properly, she should grow out of it soon, but if it lasts for longer than 4-6 more weeks, let her know. WHAT!? Four to six MORE weeks?! I digress.

She is such a sweetheart though....she smiles all the time, and we started a little tummy time to let her exercise those neck muscles! She's my little rosebud...


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww you sweet little Amelia.. psss... just between you and me, Amelia, I don't think you have all this colic your mommy says you do. I have NEVER heard you screamimg with it... sometimes a girl has to let herself be heard, right? You are such a beauty with those blue eyes, dark hair, and that infectous smile... you laugh and giggle every time you are near me... I love you so much, my little Amelia.... Mammy