Monday, June 30, 2008

Last weekend in Louisiana till you arrive!

Daddy and I had a short but fun weekend driving to Louisiana in our new car! We started out Saturday evening in New Iberia for Bart's cousin Yancy's wedding. It was a beautiful wedding - a military wedding since Yancy is a Marine, and I had never seen one before. It was really cool. Then we went visit Bart's Maw Maw, which is always a great visit. You're going to love your great grandmother - she's a lot of fun to talk to. Then the reception was at the Gouguenheim. The wedding cake was cheesecake (omg, it was so good), and we got to catch up with a lot of family one more time before you arrive. We had a blast.

Here's a great one of Daddy, Jere, and Tricia - cousins being cousins!

Here's your proud parents-to-be!!

Sunday morning, we drove to Garyville to see Mammy and Paw Paw and show them the car. We had a delicious lunch with them with lots of homegrown tomatoes from Paw Paw's garden. Afterwards, Mammy, Kelly and I went to Christina's Baby Shower together. It was really nice. Terry's sister and Dez did such a great job decorating and getting everything together, and it was good to see her nursery one more time before HER baby arrives. She looked just beautiful, and she got such useful, pretty things from everyone. We really had a fun time.


We finally made it back to Houston late Sunday night. We are loving the XM Radio, which made the drive go by so much faster! And I was so comfy in the new car - I didn't squirm in my seat trying to get comfortable like I used to do in the Trailblazer. But now I am pooped, so I am going to put both of us to bed...
not much longer, my little one.

Love, Mom

0 comments: