Saturday, May 29, 2010

Afternoon in the Park

This afternoon, I took Ella and Amelia to the Coles Crossing Park (which is really for their neighborhood's residents, but I just pretend like we live there...hee he hee). It is sooo nice, but Ella wasn't really in the mood to play too much on the equipment. She was more interested in the pool area which they foolishly place directly next to the playground. What child wouldn't be distracted by that!?! Here she is staring at the people through the fence as they enjoy their day by the pool.
While Ella pouted, Amelia decided to check out the slides.

"Oh my gosh, mom, this is so much fun!"


"Hey, where'd you come from?"


After we played on the playground, I took them for a long walk through the nature trails and the jogging path. It was so beautiful, and desite the heat, it was a gorgeous day today.

Amelia got to ride shotgun for once.

When we got back home, the girls were pooped out. I fed them, bathed them, and they were in bed by 9pm. Amelia still likes to stick her tongue out or make raspberries instead of actually eating her peas. :)

Mommy's gonna sleep good tonight. Phew!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How pretty were the nature trails, what a great thing to do with the girls Gelle. Just like Ella Pearl I would want to check out the pool too.....your photo's of the girls on the slide are precious. I have no doubt that they would have had such a fantastic day! Your an amazing Mom!! Love ya'll Amber xxx

Anonymous said...

Those nature trails are so beautiful and peaceful... bet Ella put a stop to that, huh?? I'll bet you would rather be swimming, Ella, but think of all the slides and playground equipment you can play on.... you two girls are so lucky to have a great Mom that does all this fun stuff with you... and Amelia... I don't blame you for making raspberries or sticking out your tongue... I've tasted those peas and they aren't very good... Love, Mammy