Thursday, November 5, 2009

We have a date!!

This morning, I went to my doctor's appointment. I am officially on weekly visits now. Bart stayed home with Ella so I could get through the appointment in peace and quiet. Dr Montgomery said everything looks good with my blood pressure, my weight and the baby's heartbeat. He did a quick ultrasound, and we saw the baby's head and breathing chest. She's upside down, in position, and he even said my placenta is showing signs of changing, as it should. He said the baby's lungs have begun to mature as well, also an indicator that baby time is near.

So, then he asked if we could schedule the c-section, since we know I have to have one. Now, my family members have been emailing me their "special requests" of when they would like me to schedule the c-section. Ha ha. We all agreed that we'd love it if we could have it on the Monday before Thanksgiving, but I knew his surgery days were not Mondays. He said ultrasound indications show my due date being as early as Nov 26th, and with me not knowing when the baby was conceived, we really have no idea when the due date actually is. I asked him when he normally does sections, and he said Tues-Thurs. Great. So, he suggested Nov 19th. I told him, "Holy crap - that's two weeks from tomorrow!" I was a little worried, but I figured, he knows best! Then he went check his calendar, came back and kept staring at the calendar. I finally asked him what he was thinking, and he said he's trying to decided between Nov 19th and Nov 23rd. Ahhh, I told him Mon, Nov 23rd would be ideal!!!

So, we set the date! Monday, November 23rd at noon, we'll finally meet our little Amelia!

He said he normally doesn't do sections on Monday, but he does do hysterectomy's. He only has one scheduled for that day, so he can do my section as well. I told him to make sure he doesn't get us mixed up! Ha ha. So, woohooo....now let's just hope this little angel doesn't decide to come early!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my little Amelia... Please don't come early... We are so anxiously awaiting your birth and to see your precious little face, but you need to be good and stay warm until Nov. 23rd. You see, as you will learn when you are out into the world and meet your grandpa...he is this crazy LSU football fan and thinks everyone should schedule everything around LSU football games!! Even your birth!! But you do whatever you want, my little angel, but please just give me some time to get to Houston so i can be there when you make your debut!! Mammy