Friday, November 20, 2009

My last doctor's appointment...

Yesterday was my last doctor's appointment before the big day!

I went to Dr. Montgomery's with high hopes thinking that he'd tell me it's time (even though I'm not feeling anything), and that we have to deliver this baby today. No suck luck, of course. He did an ultrasound to take one last look at Amelia, and he said her lung development looks tip top! She's ready to greet the world on Monday, so we just wait till then.

I feel fine...I can't stand for long periods of time without having to rest my back because my belly is sooo heavy. That's the only way I can describe it. I feel like I may topple over sometimes. But she is still moving...slower, since she's in cramped quarters. And sleeping....well, it's overrated. Last night I had a hard time flipping over in bed...wow.

Anyway, my sisters are coming in town today, and my parents are coming in Sunday, so I am excited to spend some time with all them. I know Ella will enjoy the company of the twins who are coming too. Today is my last day to "nest," as I am not doing any more housework or preparing after today. If it doesn't get done, it can wait.

Amelia, in case I don't have time to post again before Monday, I love you already, and I cannot wait to meet you and welcome you into our family. See you soon!!

P.S. I'll have someone posting pics of Amelia on Monday to the blog, so check back for updates!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see little Amelia!
Stina

Penne said...

Be sure to take a last minute photo of the three of you before one more is added! I'll be thinking of you and praying for you all! Happy Labor Day, Gelle! --Hugs & Kisses

Anonymous said...

I hope the delivery goes well, I will be praying for ya'll. Can't wait to see my new 2nd niece. Love ya. Aunt Anna