Sunday, November 22, 2009

Tomorrow's the big day!

Well, tomorrow's the big day, and it's been a great weekend. I managed to get just about everything I wanted to get done done before my visitors came in. All my Christmas decorations were up (or at least all the ones that were going up this year), most of my Christmas shopping was done, and my house was clean! And everything was ready for the new baby....major weight off my shoulders. I don't know how I managed to get it all done! That nesting is a powerful thing...

Saturday, Shelly and Kelly and Camryn and Chloe came to visit. The twins were soooo excited to play with Ella and to be here for the birth of Amelia. They were so cute with Ella, too....they played with her all day, and they even bathed her at night! I kept saying...I need to get me some of those!! We "tailgated" for the LSU game (which was a major disappointment), and we ended the day with a fabulous meal at Los Cucos, of course.

Sunday, we all went to church, and Kelly was highly upset because we didn't catch the Saints game in Houston. Bummer! But the Saints won anyway (10-0!), and we went shopping instead at the outlet mall down the road. Shel and Kel racked up on clothes for themselves and the kids, and I just kinda tagged along with my slow-moving, preggie self! Kelly cooked a gumbo, and Shelly cooked potato salad, so we had some goood Louisiana cooking. Bart and I were in heaven! Bart put up the Christmas lights, so that's one less thing we had to do after Thanksgiving.

That night, Mom and Dad came in from Ole Miss, would you believe!! They sure had a long day of driving, but they made it. We all played a few games of Buzz on the Playstation 3 (fun times), and then it was time for bed. It was a great weekend, and I am so glad my family is here for the coming of baby #2.

So, here I lay in bed, a little nervous about tomorrow. I know I will be fine because I love my doctor, and I trust his judgement. As always, I am concerned about the health of my newborn, and I just hope everything goes smoothly. At least I know what to expect this time, and that's a huge weight off my shoulders. Amelia....I cannot wait to meet you, my little girl. You've been kicking me and rolling around in my belly what seems to have been forever, but now it's time for you to make your grand entrance. I love you.

2 comments:

Penne & Mandy said...

What was so disappointing about the game on Saturday? It looked great from our end!

Farrell Family said...

It's a wonder we're such good friends...