Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

Well, although we missed our family back in Louisiana immensely this Thanksgiving holiday, my wonderful mom still made us feel like we were at Aunt Yvette's enjoying the traditional dinner. The only things missing were the old fashions, crowding around Perry's keyboard for Christmas carols, and a reference to my Thanksgiving prayer. Ha ha.

Mom single-handedly cooked us a turkey, sweet potato dressing, peas, shrimp & rice casserole, dirty rice and candied yams. All she let me do was empty the can of cranberry onto the plate! It was DELICIOUS! Did I mention there was sweet potato dressing?? Even Ella gobbled up everything like a little turkey. We spent the rest of the day watching football games and hanging around the house. Although it wasn't our ideal Thanksgiving, Mom made it so special. Plus, we're all so thankful that Amelia Rose is here, healthy and happy.

Here's a few pics of my two little turkeys!


Mammy was pooped out after cooking a great dinner (and chasing after Ella in between!)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amelia my little one, shame on your Mommy for posting that sleeping picture of Mammy. Mammy looks bad enough when she's AWAKE much less when she's sleeping..but I just needed a little "blow". Our Thanksgiving was so fulfilling with your birth and the health of big sis Ella Pearl, Mommy, and the rest of our family. You are coming into two very close knit families and they all welcome you with wide open arms. It can get kind of crazy sometimes, but I think you'll be able to handle it!! I love you both sooo much... Mammy