Friday, November 27, 2009

Amelia's adjusting to being home...

My precious little angel asleep in her bassinet.

Amelia is adjusting to being home. I have been breastfeeding her exclusively, and it's going really well. I am so shocked at how well it is going, but I am very new at this whole breastfeeding thing too because I only breastfed Ella for a few weeks. But I am figuring it out, and she's doing great. The first couple of nights, she's been up all night and sleeps good all day, so thank God Bart and mom are here to help me with Ella during the day. I have some time to nap what I missed at night.

Ella has been so great with Amelia! When we came home, Ella was kinda looking at her with a fake smile as if to say, "oh, she's staying here?" Ha ha ha. No, she really does love looking at her and pointing to her. Mammy has convinced her to give the baby kisses on her hand. Now, all she does is come by and wave hi to her and then goes off to play again. It's so funny how much she really does pay attention to her.





Everything is going well at the Farrell home. Tomorrow we're going to give Amelia her first bath!!





2 comments:

Roxanne said...

Angelle,

Amelia is just GORGEOUS. I am sorry to have been so out of the loop that I didn't even realize she was here yet. I am so glad that things are going smoothly for everyone and that your mom is here (hopefully for a little while longer.) Love you, girl. Give your babies hugs and kisses from me.

Anonymous said...

Amelia my little one, You are going to be so lucky to have a big sister like Ella Pearl. She loves you already but just can't figure out why you don't climb off that little bed and come play with her! Is it you need help climbing out?? Well, you have JUST the person to help you because your big sis can climb anything in the house right now!! She'll have you scaling walls in no time at all!! Ella cannot WAIT for you to get a little bigger so she can have a playmate at home. She plays so well with the kids at Mom's MOP's meetings, church, and the gym...but she wants a playmate of her own at home. I'm not going to tell you to hurry and grow up, Amelia, because I know you'll do that all by yourself. I love you both so much... Mammy