Thursday, October 15, 2009

Ella's Trip to Louisiana

Mommy's been a total slacker, but I have a great excuse! Ella and I spent a funfilled week in Louisiana, so blogging hasn't been my main priority. But I am back to explain all the fun we had while we were there.
I went to my BFF Lacie's Bachelorette Party in New Orleans for the weekend. I'd love to post a pic from the event, but most of mine are not suitable for a family website...ha ha ha. No, it wasn't that kind of bachelorette party considering two of the bridesmaids were pregnant and the maid of honor was recovering from open heart surgery, but we girls sure did have fun anyway! I hung in there like a trooper, 33 weeks pregnant and all! We at muffalattas, walked the streets of Bourbon and I even had a bloody mary....virgin, of course!

Meanwhile, Ella was having the time of her life at her Mammy and Paw Paw's. They babysat her Friday night and Saturday morning. I even called once, and Paw Paw was babysitting you all by himself. It was hilarious, and Ella has got that Paw Paw wrapped around her wiggly little finger. Saturday afternoon while Mammy and Paw Paw went to the LSU game, Aunt Shelly and the twins took over. They went to the St. Peter's festival, and Aunt Shelly said Ella was addicted to the rubbery ducky game booth. In fact, one time when I called to check on her, Shelly told me, "Oh, she loves the duck booth...whenever I can't find her, I know that's where she is..." What!? Oh well, I was on vacation...I'll let Shelly handle it....ha ha ha.

I got back Sunday morning early because I was missing my little munchkin. That was the longest I had ever been away from her. She was having pancakes with Paw Paw, of course! She and Mammy really bonded too. She started crying when Mammy left the room instead of when I do!?! Although it was a rainy, dreary day, we still went to the St. Peter's festival for a little while. Ella rode a few rides.


Then we went to her cousin Brody's first birthday party. Brody is Mike and Kristin's little boy, and he had a great party.

Ella LOOOOVED the Elmo cookies, and when she and her other cousin Janie were through, they both looked like clowns.

Monday was pretty quiet...Mammy, Nanny Kelly, Ella and I went have sushi in Destrehan, and it was delicious. Ella loved the noodles, and she just couldn't get the hang of those chopsticks.

Tuesday, we went see Leslie and Courtney play volleyball. It was an awesome game, and although they lost, they played a REALLY great game. They are really great volleyball players, and SPS has a really good team this year. I am so proud of them.

Then we all went to Taunte Nel and Uncle Perry's to have birthday cake for Courtney. Mammy and I were babysitting while Perry and Janel were out of town, but we had a great party with cake and pizza. Then after Ella went to sleep, I helped Jeanne with a paper....I never get to do stuff like that, so I was in heaven...

Wednesday, Mammy, Ella and I went to Aunt Mary's new apartment in Baton Rouge to help teach her how to sew. She wants to make a blanket for cousin Liam, and Mammy just gave her a few pointers on getting started. Mommy kept Ella occupied, which is always a feat.
On our way home, we stopped at Walmart, and Mammy got Ella the cutest little Halloween costume - she's going to be a bear! She just looked so adorable in it....Mommy's going to make a few additions to it, but Ella is going to make a precious bear.

Let's pray for cooler weather on Halloween!!


Thursday, Mommy wasn't feeling well. I took a long nap while Ella napped, and when I woke up, I felt like I was getting the flu. My body was achy and I had fever 102! My doctor said to get tested for the flu, so I made an appointment for the next day and got lots of rest that night.
The next morning, I felt completely fine. It was so weird. I went to the doctor anyway, and they tested me for the flu. It came back negative, THANK GOD, so we just kept all of our plans. It was the weirdest thing. That afternoon, Mammy, Ella and I rode to Ponchatoula to see Mammy and Paw Paw's property, and they have certainly been some busy beavers!! It looks beautiful!! I can't wait to see they house standing in the middle of that gorgeous lot.

That night, we just hung out that the house, but Nanny Kelly and the kids came in from the St Charles/Riverside game later, and we sat by the fire outside.
St. Charles whipped Riverside's hineys! Woohoo!! Geaux Comets!
Saturday, Ella and I stopped off in Denham first to meet Aunt Stina, Uncle Terry and Andie for lunch. Ella and Andie were adorable...they seem to be jibber jabbering to each other, and they both had a contest to see who could yell the loudest....IN the restuarant.
After, we went to Aunt Mary's baby shower, and Ella had a ball. There were lots of other kids there, and Ella had on her squeak me shoes, so I always knew were she was. Aunt Mary looked great, and she got a lot of nice things. It was also nice to catch up with some New Iberia family and friends.
That night, we headed back to Garyville for our last meal of the week....Paw Paw's steak! We had a nice dinner with Mammy, Paw Paw, Nanny Kelly, and the kids. It was a great ending to a fabulous week.
Sunday morning we left out bright and early, and Ella slept almost the entire trip. Daddy was missing us something fierce, so he was soooo happy to see us when we got home. We had such a great week in Louisiana!

0 comments: