Thursday, September 1, 2011

Fall always means new beginnings

Hello fellow blog readers....
I know I have been a complete failure in the blog department.  I have not written a single post since APRIL which is just a shame considering I gave birth within that time.  In my defense, I have been a little busy raising three babies.  I won't lie, it gets a little challenging sometimes, so time is not always my friend.  But it's September, fall is among us, and with fall brings new beginnings.  Rather than wait for a New Year to make a resolution, I decided to make mine now and try to post at LEAST once a week. 

I'm not going to spend my time apologizing for all I have missed.  As most of you know, I had my precious little angel on June 1st - Olivia Levet Farrell.  Tomorrow she will be three months, and she has been SUCH a wonderful blessing in our lives.  She is SUCH a great baby, sleeping up to ten hours at night on some nights.  I couldn't ask for more, really....and she is cute as a button.  She is starting to get a little personality, and she smiles and smiles.  And she's getting so big....she's almost in 6 month clothes already!  Such a beauty.  I'll elaborate more on her soon.

Ella Pearl and Amelia meet their teachers tomorrow, and next Tuesday, they start "school," which is really just a Mothers Day Out program on Tuesdays and Thursdays.  They're going to Bear Creek Baptist this year, a new place, and we're really excited to have them both there.  Amelia needs some classroom time!

Amelia is growing so much right now too.  She is a CHATTERBOX, talking just like her big sister.  She is a character, and she's starting to play a lot of pretend.  She loves to play dress up and sing and dance.  She reads books like her sister used to do, mimmicking reading and turning the pages.  It's a sight to see!  She has got the most gorgeous head of curly cue hair I have ever seen...I just gave her a haircut because it was like a giant fro.  No doubt though, it's beautiful, and she'll surely be the envy of all straight-haired girls she meets.  She has a little temper on her, approaching the terible two's a tad early...she loves to pull hair and throw a tantrum or two.  Hoping school will shape her up and out of that phase!

Ella Pearl is doing just great too.  She's growing up way too fast for my taste, and I am amazed daily by her intelligence.  She can do 24-piece puzzles all by herself right now, and while Amelia naps, she and I have been working in fun little workbooks, finding letters and numbers.  She is so smart.  She also loves to sing and dance, and well, we all know about her Thomas the Train obsession.  She loooves her train table she got for her birthday, and she loves playing with her sister.  Our newest news is that she is completely potty trained!!  Woohoo...it was everything I thought it would be and more!!  She still wears a pullup at night, but it's been panties all day every day for almost a month now.  So exciting!

We start gymnastics next week as well....Amelia and I will do a mommy and me class, and Ella will do her little class.  Really excited about that.  Girls are so fun!

Anyway, that's where we are right now...I PROMISE to start updating this blog more often.  It will be a little ritual for me....too many funny parenthood stories for me NOT to share.  I also learned to blog from my phone, so that will make sharing photos much easier.

Here's my first photo shared via cellphone.  It's a birdhouse me and the girls painted today.  They painted all the solid colors themselves, and they decorated the side walls themselves.  The roof sides and back have a handprint from each of them...will be such a great keepsake.  Thanks Krystal for the fun birthday gift.  It was Amelia's first time painting, and she loved it. 

0 comments: