Thursday, September 15, 2011

Ella's First Day of Dancing

So, with our sudden change back to the Lamb School, we've had to tighten the purse strings a little, so Ella and Amelia in gymnastics is out.  However, our YMCA was offering dance classes for 3-5 year olds (ballet and tap), and it's very affordable, so I thought we'd give it a try.  I was very impressed with the teacher and the program, and I think it all worked for the best....God always has a plan. 

Kim stayed at the house with her two kids while Amelia napped, and I brought Olivia to the daycare in the Y.  Ella was all dressed in her ballet shoes and leotard, ready for class.  We hadn't gotten the packet for dress code until Sunday, so I just dressed her in what I had bought her....of course, now we need an entirely different outfit.  Oh well...play clothes!!  Ella met her teacher Mrs Cindy, and she got in line with the other girls as they called role.  It was adorable!!!  Then they all went into a classroom - no mom's allowed.  We had to smush our faces into the sliver of a window on the door to get peeks.


Ella was HILARIOUS.  I couldn't hear what was going on, but I know all the other girls around her were standing still, holding their heels together and making some pretty dancing stance, and there's my Ella...jumping up and down, playing with the crotch of her leotard.  Niiice. 





She said she had fun though, so we're going to keep going.  Dance recital will be May 19 (got that Mammy!?).  I think she's going to do great!  Yet, she's growing up way too fast.

0 comments: