Saturday, April 30, 2011

MOPS and POPS date night

I know I have some catching up to do with Easter, but I had to share this little story about Ella while it was fresh in my mind.  Tonight was MOPS and POPS night for my MOPS group, which is basically date night.  Our MOPS groups sponsor an event with $5 childcare, and for $15 a couple, we enjoy fellowship with other MOPS women and their husband, Pappasitas dinner, and entertainment.  It was a blast, and the entertainment was Sportz Comedy, an improv comedy group geared towards sports.  It was hilarious. 

We were asked to wear our favorite team colors, so of course, Bart and I were decked out in LSU.  I squeezed into the largest LSU shirt I own, and since a lot of people have been asking for a photo, here it is - me, nine months pregnant. 

Anyway, after we picked up the girls from daycare, they were wired. Being that we didn't get home until 10:30, Amelia went straight down for the most part. Ella however was a challenge. We said prayers once, and then she wanted to say them again. So, we blessed every child in her class, her teachers, and she continued to bless her window, her fan and her doors. Moving it along, I said, "Amen." Then she started singing this song that I didn't quite catch the first time, so I asked her to sing it to me again.


It was to the tune of Frere Jacques....it was:
"God Our Father, God Our Father
Once again, once again,
Thank you for our blessings, thank you for our blessings,
Amen, Amen"

I just about started crying....it was so sweet!! She was so sweet when she was singing it too.
Happy mommy feeling....I love being a mom.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can keep up with your blog again as I am reconnected with my Mac instead of just relying on my iphone. This blog was a beautiful one to start it off. OH My Goodness that brought a tear to my eye so I can only imagine how it made you feel. You are blessed with now 3 beautiful girls and I can not wait to spend time with you all. Lots and lots of love being sent to you all xxxx Amber

Studio One Designs Pvt. Ltd. said...

Very nice post. Especially loved the part about blessing the windows, fans etc. Thats how sweet a child can get!!