Thursday, September 15, 2011

What to be for Halloween?

I do not plan ahead, but as a mother of three small ones, I am getting better at it.  I started planning Ella's birthday party for August in May.  I have already started on Amelia's for November, and today I bought all three of the girls' Halloween costumes.  DONE!  Woohoo!

I had posted a comment on Facebook what everyone thought my kids should be for Halloween.  I don't bother asking Ella because I know she would say Thomas, and that just ain't happening.  I've had enough Thomas to last me a lifetime!  Surprisingly, when I offered the possibilty of princesses, she agreed, but she wanted to be Belle, not Cinderella.  Ok, I can deal...for kids who've only watched a handful of Disney movies (because stupid Disney won't take them out of the ding dang vault!), that's pretty good!

Then someone (I think it was Megan White) suggested Winnie, Tigger and Pooh.  Well, Ella was sold, and so was Amelia.  The more and more I thought about it though, they could use the princess dresses for dressup, and I had plans for an AWESOME mermaid costume for Olivia.  I was torn....then I went to Walmart with the girls.  Our Walmart on 529 is one of the first Wal-Mart's to have Halloween stuff out already.  The girls saw the costumes, and that was it....I have to say, I was sold too. 

What do you think?


I have some ADORABLE pictures of all three of them dressed up, but I'll save those for October.  Ella came home and put on her Tigger costume, and she wore it for four hours....I think she likes it.  Too bad its a size 12-18 months and it fits her like wedgie-induced capris.  I'm searching for the correct size, but I've learned if you don't buy them all together, problems arise.  So, at the very least, she will look like hoochie Tigger.  Love love love the costumes....they are so excited for Halloween now, and I love that.

0 comments: