Saturday, September 3, 2011

Every girl loves a new pair of shoes

 After meeting the teacher Thursday, I was told the girls needed closed toe shoes for school.  I literally had not bought the girls new shoes all summer because we have worn white sandals every single day of the summer.  So, we headed over to the shoe store cause babies needed a new pair of shoes.  Thank GOD my "cousin" Megan came with me to tame the precious little beasts because otherwise, it would've been a nightmare. 

Ella insisted on giant bulky Dora sneakers, which I was NOT getting her.  Amelia wanted crocs because she could put them on herself, which I was also NOT buying her.  Then Amelia tried on a pair of pink glittery mary janes....they were adorable, I must say, but I was a little worried they wouldn't match everything, and we weren't buying 5 pairs of shoes per child here.  Well, little priss pot would NOT take those shoes off for anything.  She pitched a fit on aisle two when we tried to pry them off of her.  Ella of course had to have her pair as well, and so, I eventually caved.  They were adorable, and how could I resist what they called "princess shoes." 

While I was trying to pick out a second more practical pair of shoes for them, Megan decided to distract them with tap shoes.  They LOVED them, and we kept trying to teach them dance moves in the middle of the store.  They were sooo cute, tapping away...pretty sure the lady working there wanted us dead.  Thankfully, no one else was in the store for most of the time we were there.


Amelia is ONE size away from Ella, wearing an 8 while Ella was in a 9.  Wowser is all I can say.  I even scored me a pair of shoes, so the whole trip was a success.

They wore their "princess shoes" to a playdate today, and when they walked outside and saw how they sparkled in the sunlight, you would've thought they just won the lottery.  "They're so beautiful, Mama," Ella tells me, and Amelia chimed in with a big precious, "Wow!!"

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

All I can say is that when I was reading this blog I kept thinking of Shirley Temple....
On the good ship
lollipop
it's a sweet trip
to the candy shop
where bon-bon's play,
on the sunny beach
of peppermint bay
Lemonade stands,
everywhere.....................
I LOVE the shoes and you can tell from the pic that you made those two girls so happy!!!!!
Sounds like it was an eventful trip and I am thrilled that you got a pair of shoes too!! Ambah xx