Saturday, September 10, 2011

First week of Fall

This was the first week of fall in full swing, and it was a FABULOUS week indeed. 

The girls started the Lamb School Tuesday, and they were about the cutest things I've ever seen in their little schoolhouse dresses (thank you, Aunt Shelly).  They were so excited to carry their backpacks and purse (aka frog lunchbags) into school, and they both walked right into their classes without even looking back.  Made a mama proud.  When I went to pick them up, I had to laugh at the teachers' opinions of my girls.  Ella's teachers told, "Wow, she is NOT shy, that's for sure."  She told me Ella owned that classroom.  Amelia's teachers told me she seemed so comfortable and at home in class, like she'd been there all year long.  A little social butterfly, they called her.  I love it...


Yeah, well, getting them both to look at the camera as we were flying out the door was tough. 

Wednesday began my bible study, which this semester will be on Mastering Motherhood, or what I like to call it, learning to discpline my children while keeping God in mind and keeping from killing my husband.  :)  Seriously, this is a MOPS based class, and I am really excited about it.  I get so much inspiration and strength from other moms going through what I am experiencing in life right now.

And today was my first MOPS meeting of the semester - WOOHOO!! Have I mentioned how much I love MOPS?  It was a speaker day, and we heard from a lovely young lady from Houston with two girls.  Her stories of motherhood sounded so much like mine, and she's also a writer.  In fact, she wrote her own children's book, which I thought was really cool.  I love my new group this year, and I see many newly formed friendships in my future.  Funny story though - every woman in my group that was there today has little boys except for ONE lady who has two boys and a girl.  One of them was even pregnant for TWIN BOYS.  Ella, Amelia and Olivia are going to have some interesting playdates in their future - I'm sure they can hold their own! 

Bart and I had date night tonight...we had a great time with lots of conversation, which are always my favorite kind of date nights.  After dinner though, we decided to go have a drink at a local bar.  We NEVER go out....in fact, I'm pretty sure I haven't stepped foot into a bar in three years, before I was pregnant for Ella.  It was a nice thing to do every once in a while...watch some live music and have a beer.  I felt human and a little like my old self.  Plus it was nice to be dressed up a little, without spitup down my shirt and actually having showered!  Ha!  I'm pretty sure I loss the cool factor when I whipped out my glasses to read a text on my cellphone though.  Oh well...it was a great time anyway!

0 comments: