Sunday, November 16, 2008

Three-month photos...

Ok, so Ella had a long weekend of photo shoots. What mommy neglected to mention yesterday was that Saturday was just photo shoot #1. Sunday was photo shoot #2!! Yes, I am crazy and scheduled two different portrait studios for our 3 month pics. I was trying to decide which place was better - JCP or Kiddie Kandids at Babies R Us. The advertisement for JCP was just so darn cute with these Santa hands (long story), but I heard a lot of great things about the Babies R Us in Katy. So, since neither one had a sitting fee, I thought we would try them both out.

Yesterday was JCP. It didn't start off so great. The studio was REALLY hot!! They had fans going on in there, but it didn't help a whole lot. Plus, there were people waiting to take pictures in the little waiting area - our appointment was at 2pm, and I don't think we sat down to take pics till 2:45. Plus the girl at the front desk was veeery unorganized. But once we got in there, the photographer was really great. Plus you were in a good mood. She got a lot of good shots, which made it hard for mommy and daddy to decide. Which led us to spend a lot of money, but thats ok because you're worth it.

So today, against daddy's wishes, we went to Babies R Us anyway - just to see how they were. You started crying about 30 minutes before we left - crying bloody murder!! We're not sure why...I think it was because daddy went to pic you up and his cold hand hit your bare back. I think it shocked you, but nonetheless, you were bawling. I'm already thinking this is not going to be good (which is good because we spent too much as it is, right?!) So, we get to Babies R Us, and there's no wait....the appointment before us had just finished, and they were just waiting on their proofs. Once you were ready, the photographer had the back set up so cute...all these really great backrounds and props. Granted you weren't in the BEST of moods, but she still managed to get some smiles out of you. And she had you propped up against anything that would hold still. It was great! We also had to narrow it down to 6, which made the decision at the end much easier!! When I saw the Christmas picture, I was already kicking myself for ordering the other Christmas cards already. Apparently, daddy was thinking the same thing because he wanted to order some "extra" Christmas cards just in case we needed them. He's so easy! The best thing about this place is that they have your pics ready in 5 minutes!! I already have them....AND the Christmas cards!! And you can view your proofs when you get home right away. I thought that was so cool. We definitely will use the Babies R Us place for the 6 month visit. They were so friendly, easy and the pics were my favorite!

All in all, you did great for all mommy put you through this weekend, and we got some really adorable 3-month pictures of you. I can share the milestone pics today, but I won't post the Christmas photos since they'll be in the Christmas cards.



Love, Mama Gelle

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ella you are such a little princess, so beautiful. Your smile make's anyone's heart melt. Aren't your Mommy and Daddy softies ordering more Christmas cards, though I can only imagine just how cute you were all dressed up and the Christmas backdrops too. I think I am going to have to ask your Mommy and Daddy to express post a card...I don't think I can wait. Love you precious little girl. I heard you tonight on the phone as I was talking to your Mommy tonight. You had just woken up from a nap....not very happy. I said it was because you could hear my voice and were wondering when you were going to meet me. I'II be visiting you soon. Love Amber xxx

~Michelle said...

They turned out so good! A smile in every picture from a 3 month old is amazing! Yep, she is going to be a super model!!!

Anonymous said...

Your three months pictures are just precious, my little Ella. So much smiling....and I can see exactly what that smile is saying... "Poor Mommy & Daddy" If I could only tell them how much more money they are going to be spending on pictures, dresses, make up, hair styles....shall we go on??? Nawww... let's just surprise them!!! I love you my little supermodel.... Mammy