Thursday, June 10, 2010

My First Playdate!

I've been wanting to host my own playdate, but I don't have much to offer other than a playroom den of toys and a very empty backyard. So, after spending a few days at our neighborhood splashpad, I decided it would be a great idea to host my own playdate at our splashpad. So, I invited my MOPS friends over last Friday, and they were ecstatic. Well, it never occurred to me that I had a limit on how many guests I could invite to the splashpad. When I checked in me and my girls that morning, there was this old lady I like to call "the pool nazi," who sneered at me when I told the teenage lifeguard that I had several others coming. She said I was only allowed two guests, and I told her it wouldn't happen again, but it's happening today!
So, Kim came with Meganne, Maria came with Anna (and her little boy), and Krystal came with her little boy Nathan. It was a perfect day, and the kids had a blast. We started out on the splashpad side, and eventually ended up on the kiddie pool side. They ran around and wore themselves out!

Nathan and Meganne called shotgun while Ella cruised in the back!

Ella and Meganne becoming one with the water!


Anna and Ella sharing the slide.

Wheeee!
Meanwhile, Amelia was sunbathing!

She loooves a day in the sun too!

It was a great day and a very successful playdate!

0 comments: