Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Just an Ordinary Day

Today was just an ordinary day at the Farrell house. Amelia woke up at 6am (well, she actually woke up at 4am, but she went back to sleep). After a feeding at 6am, she was wide awake. So, I put her in the jumper in the den, and I laid on the couch. Bart said he walked in a while later, and I was passed out and so was Amelia in her jumper! Ella woke up some time later, and the day began. Ella was kinda tame today. She played with her Little People all morning, and she even had breakfast with Ernie, Bert and Big Bird. They hung out in her sippy cup for a while, and yes, she tried to feed them cheerios. Readers, I don't configurate these scenarios...this is all Ella, all day! Yes, she put Bert on one side of the plate and Ernie on the other side, and she proceeded to offer each of them a cheerio.


Later that morning, we had arts and crafts. Ella painted a picture for the first time ever! I got some tempera paint and a big paint brush, and I showed her how to dip the brush into the paint and put it to the paper. The first time she did, she was amazed! Then she was totally mesmerized by the whole thing, and you can see the extreme concentration in her face as she paints her picture with the different colors. So funny! I was very impressed. She didn't try to touch the paint or paint herself or anything. Once or twice, she went off the paper and got paint on the table, but I wiped it up and it was no big deal. She was very good with the whole thing! When we were done, we hung her picture on the refrigerator to dry, and she was so proud that she showed it to daddy when he came home from work. Hee hee.



After all that seriousness, she was feeling silly, so she played with her sister. She kept playing peekaboo with a burp cloth, and then she would leave it there and let her sister take it off. It was precious, and she really does love to make Amelia laugh.


I just had to get a shot at my little chunky monkey's legs. I have a similar shot of Ella's legs like this right before she started walking. I love those chunky little legs!!

Ella actually went down for a nap today with NO argument at 1pm!! The only stipulation was that Bert, Ernie and Big Bird had to come to nap with her too. I tried to get her to leave them downstairs (mainly so she wouldn't play with them instead of napping), but she cried and insisted that they come. The certainly did sleep IN the bed with her!!
It was another great day!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

i don't think Bert, Ernie, and Big Bird have had this much loving since your mommy was a little girl, my little Ella. Your Mommy did LOVE Sesemee Street too and those three characters were her favorites. You will be an artist, I can tell... so serious!! And i know my little Amelia is so lucky to have a bit sister like you b/c you care enough to play with her. I love you both so much... Mammy