Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Best Baby Milestones

I was reading my Parents magazine, and there was a poll for favorite baby milestones. Most people said that the baby's first smile was their favorite, and then the laugh was second. Last place was baby's first wave. I would have to say my favorite milestone so far has been and probably will always be your laugh. Your giggle is just about the most wonderful sound God has made. Your laugh is like a burst of jubilation (that's a vocabulary word this week with my 8th graders), and when I hear your giggle, one just can't help but laugh too. It's contagious. It's sweet. It's sooooo adorable.

Ok, ok...so I admit, my second favorite milestone is definitely the smile. Your smile has a smiliar effect. But my favorite part about that is actually MAKING you smile. You can be all serious, and then when I catch your attention, you look at me with those big, serious eyes. And all of sudden, your whole face transforms, and that grin spreads across your perfect little face. It's like utter magic, and it makes me feel sooo good.

Who knew such simple little things could touch the heart of a parent so easily?

3 comments:

~Michelle said...

Awww, how sweet...I better stop reading your blog or I am going to want to have a baby =)

Anonymous said...

Tell you what, Michelle... I can top that.... I MIGHT WANT TO HAVE A BABY!!! lol But my little Ella, your smile is addicting and I cannot WAIT to see it in person. Just less than a week and I'll have you all to myself!! YEA!!! I love you my little doll.... mammy

Anonymous said...

HAPPY SEVEN MONTH BIRTHDAY, MY LITTLE ELLA.... HOPE YOU HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY AND KEEP THAT PRECIOUS SMILE GOING.... KISSES AND HUGGS TO YOU MY BABY... mammy