Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day Weekend!

Well, we had a lovely Mother's Day Weekend, although I was sad not to spend it with my own mom (it was the first Mother's Day in 30 years I did not spend it with my mom!!)

Saturday we went to the Childbirth Class at Cy-Fair Hospital. It was 8:30-3:30, and we learned everything we ever wanted to know about the physical anatomy of a pregnant woman. Wow. We saw a lot of graphic videos of a lot of women having contractions, and they didn't look like they were having a very good time. Kinda scary, but it did make me feel a whole lot better about the whole birth part - I think I could handle it, whichever way I needed to deliver. I think it also gave daddy a whole new outlook on being the "coach" for mommy. We also had a tour of the hospital where you'll be born, and it seems like a great place. It's very busy - 250 babies are born there a MONTH!!

After that, we went to Target to register for a few more baby items. It was fun to register with daddy - he was in charge of scanning everything with the gun, which he enjoyed way too much.

Then this morning for Mother's Day, daddy fixed me breakfast in bed. It was so nice! Then we just kinda took it easy today - we mainly worked in your room. I finished making all the stars, and we hung them up over your bed. Then daddy put all the glow in the dark stars on your ceiling. You're gonna love it! And tonight daddy took me to dinner - so it was a great mother's day for a mother-to-be!!

Love, Mom

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great mother's day ya'll had. I'm ready to see you in some pastel outfits! :)
~ Lacie

Anonymous said...

Gelle, You look great. Sounds like yall had a great Mother's Day weekend. The room looks awesome!!! So cute!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's day beautiful (yes it's a little late but I believe every day is mother's day and just worked out how to comment lol). You absolutly are glowing and I am wishing so much I was there, however as I am not this is a wonderful way to hear all about what ya'll get up to and see pictures. Sounds like it was a wonderful day, looking forward to seeing what I can purchase for baby Farrell on all the registry's :) - Love Amber xox