Thursday, May 22, 2008

Doctor Update

Well, today I had a quick visit to the doctor's office. Dr. Montgomery was doing an emergency surgery, so I saw his wife today, who is an obgyn nurse. She was so much fun. We listened to your heartbeat, and she said whatever I am doing, keep doing it because everything looks great. She showed me how to feel my belly for your head, back and bum - it was sooo neat. You're upside down, "in position" as the nurse put it. I just about DIED when she said "in position." All I keep thinking was NOOOO, we're not ready yet!! But she said relax - it just means you're growing facing the right way. Phew!

She also told me that with the humidity in Texas, I should plan on staying indoors for most of the summer because if I don't, I'll swell like a toad no matter how I try to prevent it. I like this gal. Sounds good to me!

That's about it. I start going for my appts every two weeks now, and I have the supah ultrasound mid June. OH, and she said the doctor may think he knows what the baby is, but he didn't write it down in my file. She said if he didn't write it down, he's not absolutely sure. I'm glad no one really knows what you are yet. All the more surprise for us!!

Love, Mom

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gelle, I am glad that everything is going great! I am sure that the "in position" would scare me too! I cant believe that it is almost time to meet Baby Farrell... its so exciting!!!

Love, Chelle

Anonymous said...

Baby Farrell is ready to come out and play! Can't wait! Glad everything is going well! :)

Lacie

Anonymous said...

So glad all is well. Baby Farrell is justready to come see that awesome room the Mom and Dad have been working so hard on. :) Love ya.
Stina

Anonymous said...

...In position wow maybe baby Farrell will take a leaf out my book and come early...did that scare you :) I am so glad to hear all is going well, seems like you may need some company over the summer with all the time you are going to be spending in doors. Farrell Jnr is just excited as I am sure baby hears all the awesome things Mom and Dad are doing in preparation. VERY EXCITING!!! Love Bails xoxo