Friday, April 15, 2011

Toy Story on Ice

This Friday morning, we had tickets for Toy Story on Ice with Kim and Meganne.  All week I had been telling Ella we were going, and all week she said she did not want to go.  What!?  What do you know about what you want!!??  So, we went, against her wishes.  Kim made her and Meganne the cutest Toy Story pillowcase dresses and bows.  They were the cutest little girls in that arena!  As we handed out tickets to the front gate worker, I could see the growing concern in Ella's eyes.  She was beginning to realize that this plae, the Reliant Center, was the same place that the rodeo was held, and we all know the drama that took place for that event.  You know, where we missed Brad Paisley AND the championships for the rodeo because Ella freaked out during the opening ceremonies due to fireworks??  Well, I was not giving up this time.



 We walked up to our section, and when we hit the steps to go down, Ella began crying. What happened to my little daredevil girl who was not afraid of anything!?! She cried, saying, "get me out of here, I wanna go home..." I told her we would only stay for a little while, and that Mickey might be there. Fair enough we were a little late too, so it was already dark in the arena. But she sat on my lap, tears in her eyes, and watched. No smiles, no laughs...just tears. And after every performance, she would clap.....and then tear up again. I felt like I was torturing her, but somewhere in there, I knew she was enjoying it.


At intermission, I got her a light up toy....all during intermission she played with it.  I thought for sure I had solved the problem...no such luck.  At one point, she laid across me and wanted to take nap.  Really?  She perked up a little at the end when Mickey came out.  It was so unlike Ella....



The good news is when we got home, she told her daddy she had a wonderful time seeing Buzz and Woody, and she was sooo excited she had gone.  So weird.  Oh well....

0 comments: