Thursday, April 14, 2011

Amelia Has Tubes!

After much contemplation and question (and a second opinion!), we decided to put tubes in Amelia's ears.  She can hear just fine, but her ENT, Dr Staton said that she would just get tons more ear infections.  So, we decided it would be best to go ahead and get them.  Mama was a nervous wreck!

Daddy brought Ella to school while Amelia and I drove down to the NW Surgery Center early in the morning.  I was soooo nervous because I had never been there before, and Amelia was a little whiny because she was on her second antibitotic for an ear infection that week, poor baby.  The place was really nice, and while I was filling out paperwork, the nurse gets a phone call that Amelia's aunt was there.  My WONDERFUL friend and neighbor Dixie showed up at 8am to be there with me....what a wonderful blessing and surprise.  Between the two of us, we managed to keep Amelia fairly calm considering the doctor was a tad late.  She cried when they took her back, but after 10 minutes (yes, TEN minutes) the doctor came out and said she did wonderful.  He also said it was a good decision to get tubes because her ear was full of ickiness and infection.  Made me feel better.

They called me back once she came to, and she was a little disoriented but doing fine. She was a real trooper...she was whiny the whole ride home, but she slept for three or four hours once we got home. Mommy survived too!! I don't like seeing my little baby girl like that...she didn't take long to come back around.


0 comments: