Sunday, April 10, 2011

Girls woke up bright and early this morning at 7:30am.  Ella was singing MOM-MY and DAD-DY from her room.  Somehow after breakfast, the girls ended up outside in the backyard with dad at around 9:45am, and Ella walks in the back door with a half eaten chocolate covered chocolate chip cookie in her hand and THIS is her face:
How does Bart pull this off so early in the morning?!?!
Well, in his defense, this was the works of our neighbor "COY," as Ella calls her...she's worse than my grandma!  She's always equipped with a cookie or treat or snack.

This afternoon, we took the girls to the neighborhood splashpad since we flaked out on them yesterday.  Amelia has a runny nose and cough, so we really had no business bringing her, but I just couldn't let her miss out.  She'll hopefully be getting her tubes put in this Thursday.  They had a BLAST!  Amelia might hate having water poured over her head, but she surely had no problem running underneath those sprinkling fountains.  Ella hit every square inch of that pad...except for the buckets.  She kept telling me, "I no like the buckets, mom."  The buckets fill up and pour over....she's not a fan.






After that, we went eat at their favorite "farm," as they call it, Clays.  It's a restaurant with a huge deck and farm animals for the kids to play with.  Today they even had pony rides.  The girls ran and played and completely wore themselves out - and fed the ponies.  There's nothing like feeding farm animals and eating a meal all in the same hour to really make your stomach turn. 

We tried to RUN IN to Wal-Mart on the way home, as we were DESPERATE for wipes and diapers.  We tried to split up, which didn't work at all.  After a little while, Bart took Ella to get our paint (for our room) mixed while I took Amelia to get some quick groceries.  She cried for DADA and would NOT sit in her seat without going nuts, so I held her for half the way.  Did I mention I am nearly 8 months pregnant!?  After I could take her on my hip no longer, I put her on my shoulders - can you get the visual of me, hugely pregnant, walking around with a one-year-old on my shoulders maneuvering my shopping cart with one hand, actually SHOPPING?!?  Let's just say I got a few looks, but I got the job done. 

The girls were exhausted and so am I...early night for me!

0 comments: