Thursday, February 18, 2010

What's New with the Two

Ahhh...life has been a constant fast-forward button at the Farrell household. Amelia is already 3 months old, and I feel like those months just flew by. I keep treating her like a newborn, but she's already busting out of 3 month clothing. It's amazing how slow it went by for Ella, and how incredibly fast it is going by for Amelia.

KNOCK ON WOOD, but it seems like the colic is FINALLY on it's way out. She's been sleeping 7-8 hours a night, and the time leading up to that has not been horrible. It's a controllable cry, and we can definitely handle that!! So, life has been a joy here now, and she smiles and laughs all the time. She can hold her head really high during tummy time, and she's even been loving the jumper, a toy that Ella adored. She also tries to push herself forward when she's on her tummy...I don't know exactly what she's trying to do, but it looks like work to me!


We're still trying to figure out what color her eyes are. It is SO hard to tell. In pictures, they appear to be a dark blue, and even in the sunlight, they have a blue tinge to them but they are so dark, it's hard to tell. I guess they're still changing...Ella's did too. They were darker in the first few months, and they really lightened up now. Whatever her eyes do, her dimples and that smile will definitely be her best feature. Wow...they just light up the room.

Ella Pearl is growing by leaps and bounds too. She has changed so much in the last month, I can't even catch up. She's a parrot now, repeating everything Bart and I say, which can get pretty sticky sometimes. The other day, Zoe was barking, and Ella yelled, "shut up!" She says, Moma, Daddy, Mammy, Paw Paw...when we look at pictures, I already have her saying "Uncle Pat" and Coco and Gigi....those are easy, I guess. She also says "Tank You" - I totally taught her that one. She says a lot!! I have to say I am amazed at how much she knows and how many new words and things she picks up each day.

Ella loves books, and she sits with them and "reads" them to herself in her won weird little language. She got some playdough from Dean's birthday party, and we played with it for a little while. All was well until she decided to eat it. :)

Every day is something new, and they are just a joy to have around.




0 comments: