Monday, February 1, 2010

Suave Style Party

Ok, so everyone's been asking me what this Suave party was so here goes.


A few weeks ago on my Examiner blog, I wrote an article about Suave Professionals shampoo and conditioner as part of my Just for Mom Monday series. It was just a random article on a product that I tried and liked, so I thought I would share it with my readers. Well, a few days later, someone from Suave contacted me and told me they loved my review. They asked if I was interested in hosting a Suave Style Party for me and ten friends as part of a marketing strategy that they are trying right now. It was completely paid for by Suave, and I kept waiting for the attached string that never was. They also said they would pay a hairdresser of my choice to do the guests hair using Suave products, and we'd all get free products. Knowing that my sister could probably use the money and a majority of my faithful readers were in Louisiana, I had the party at her house.


Suave sent me a $200 American Express giftcard to buy food and drinks for the party. I ended up making a lasagna and bread, but I also had a "different" variety of other foods like dark chocolate trail mix, strawberry & walnut spinach salad, red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese icing, and mexicali chips and dip. I also had wine, Mojitos and everyone's favorite of the night, Pomegranite martinis. Suave also sent me SIXTY bottles of brand new products that won't be on shelves until March to share with my guests. The biggest hit was the shampoo and conditioner comparable to Aveda's Rosemary Mint. It smelled yummy!

Kelly's house was a perfect setting for the party, and we had candles lit from one end of her house to the other. Each guest got their hair washed, dried and styled by Kelly (or as my invitations said, the world-renowned hairstylist, Kelly Curtis), and she did a great job giving everyone a new 'do. She worked her butt off that night! We took before and after pictures, but I forgot my camera and somehow my mother lost the pics that were on her camera (hence the delay in this post!), but thanks to Christina who managed to take a few pics for me! The most dramatic change of the night came from Kristin Roccaforte who went from her regular straight hair to some seriously gorgeous (naturally) curly hair. We were all amazed!!

It was a fabulous party with some great friends, and I think we all had a great time getting pampered and pretty. Thanks to all who attended! I'm glad you could make it, and thanks again for being a reader!! Thanks to Kelly for her expertise hair services, and of course, a special thanks to Suave for the opportunity and the free stuff!! If you haven't tried the Suave Professionals line, give it a shot!

0 comments: