Sunday, April 20, 2008

Babies R Us!

What a great weekend your dad and I had!!

We drove to Louisiana Friday night and stayed in Baton Rouge at Grandma and Grandpa's house. Then Saturday morning early, Mammy came to pick me up so we could go register! We headed to Babies R Us in Baton Rouge, and your Mammy and I had a ball!! We walked around that store for THREE HOURS registering for all kinds of goodies for you. We found things that Mammy was amazed by, and all kinds of neat toys and gagdets your daddy would love!! It wasn't hard to find things for boys and girls at all. We did pick out some pretty bedding for you too with moon and stars. It's really cute and super soft. We still need to see if daddy likes it though. After that, Mammy and I went to Cullen's Babyland to look at baby beds. We didn't find any, but we did see a LOT of LSU stuff that your Paw Paw is gonna go nuts with!! Look out!

Sunday was a lot of fun too. Mammy and I went to your Aunt Penne's baby shower. She is due in June, and when I walked into the room, I started to tear up. Not because she looks like a beautiful mother-to-be (even though she really does), but because her belly was so PAINFULLY protruding! I took one look at her belly and could not believe that mine will be that big pretty soon. Wow. WOW. It really took me by surprise. Just that day before, I was patting you on what looks like a tiny bump next to Aunt Penne's right now and telling Mammy how I can't imagine my belly stretching to get any bigger. Well, apparently I am in for a rude awakening.

But Aunt Penne was glowing and she looks beautiful, and maybe one day you and Aunt Penne's baby will be as good of friends as we are. Nanny was a glowing granny-to-be too. It was such a great shower and lovely afternoon - isn't it amazing how much I enjoy these showers so much more now that I have a baby on the way! Before I never even knew you needed all those things! Ha ha ha.


Love, Mom

1 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Congratulations Little Sister!! I am excited that you are going to be a Mommy!! I love the blog!! Great way to keep family & friends updated. Love you!