Monday, January 16, 2012

Average week at the Farrells

It was a pretty normal week at the Farrell household.  Ella and Amelia had school Tuesday and Thursday.  Kim and I started working out, so we went to the gym twice this week (as well as me going two other days), so that's pretty exciting.  The kids love it too because we go to her YMCA, and its like a whole new experience for them.

Ella has been all over her Leappad.  She loves the Mr. Pencil game, and she LOVES the Tangled game.  She has to spell words and manipulate letters to unlock new stamps and drawing tools, and she loves doing that.  I feel bad sometimes about her being on the game, but she mainly does it while Amelia naps.  Plus she is learning SO much.  I am amazed how she recognizes words and sounds.  I know I am biased, but she is sooo smart.  I made her put on headphone this particular day because the other two were napping.  She felt like such a big girl with her earphones.
Ella and Amelia LOVE their baby sister....especially Ella.  She has been all into loving on her lately.  She's always telling me, "I love Olivia....she's MY sister."  I get a little curious as to where all this newfound love came from, but all in all, it's sweet.  Here they are, showing her something on the laptop.

Mammy gave my girls a very special gift for Christmas this year....they each have their own book of Mammy reading to them.  It has a recording of her voice reading to them, page by page, and as you turn the page, she reads along.  They LOVE them, and they want to hear Mammy's voice often.  It's quite deafening when they all want to hear their book at the same time, but they do love them.

Sweet Olivia has been playing on her own with her sisters' toys.  She basically just chews on them, but it still seems to amuse her for a while.  She's such a happy baby.

Bart got me a paper cricut for Christmas, but he also got me a cake cricut, which cuts fondant and sugar sheets into different shapes to decorate a cake with.  I am sooo excited to make kickbutt cakes and cupcakes for the girls' birthday parties and school and such.  I bought a sugar sheet a few weeks ago to try it out, and we needed a reason to make a cake on Saturday, so we made a Saints cake for the game.  All i had was blue dye, so it ended up being a blue and red Saints cake (who also lost their playoff game...).  I LOVE the cake cricut, and I can't wait to make more neat stuff!

Oh, and I tried something from Pinterest called zebra cake.  You just lay the batter differently, and it makes a striped effect, but way cool!

Look at those sweet dimples!

Seven months old, and she is pulling up on everything!  She barely crawls, but she is getting to where she wants to go with a quickness.  And more importantly, she is pulling up on the couch, the baby gate fence and the toys! 

Sunday, we played outside almost all day long.  It was such a beautiful day and there was football on the TV, so the girls played dress up and stayed out in the backyard all day.  Rapunzel found some leftover pumpkins from Halloween, and she hauled them into her tower. 



"Look, ma!  I'm driving!!"

Sweet sisters....sometimes the fight, but they really do love each other.



Ella found the only tiny trees we have in our yard, and she proceeded to attempt to climb it.  Hee hee...

My children HATE clothing, if you haven't been able to tell.

1 comments:

PRL said...

Love their matching PJ's and their matching Birthday Suits! hehe Like the way your Zebra Cake turned out! I still have to make our Superhero cake (from Pinterest)!