Monday, August 13, 2012

Happy Fourth Birthday, My Ella Pearl

My dearest little Ella Pearl,

I can't believe tomorrow you will be FOUR years old. 

It seems like just yesterday Dr. Montgomery was holding you over the sheet to show you to me for the first time, and I burst into a teary smile at how perfect and beautiful you were.  I can't get over how quickly four years have flown by.  Once upon a time you were a little "buglet" that I would rock to sleep each night, and now you're this little wonderful person. 

At four, here are some of my favorite things about you: 
I love the way you ask, "After this sleep, where we goin?" in the cutest little Texas accent.  When I am driving around town, you know exactly where we are, and if I make a wrong turn, you are quick to ask, "Are we going a different route, mom?  We live that way!" 
I love LOVE love to listen to you play with your little sister, Amelia.  Your imagination is FASCINATING, and I could listen to you make up scenarios and act them out with your little people and little figurines for hours.  You can be bossy sometimes, but you're quick to make ammends. 
I love to listen to you sing.  Not only do you know the words to most children's songs and nursery rhymes, but you also know every word to Ariel's, "Part of Your World."  Oddly enough, you also know the words to Taylor Swift's "Mean" and Toby Keith's "Red Solo Cup." 
I love the way you want to give everyone a kiss and a hug before they leave. 
I love the way you love to snuggle. 
I love it when you tell me, "I love you SO much, mom."
I love to hear your laugh and your giggle.
I love to watch you fight sleep until you cannot go any more....ok, just kidding.  I can't stand that, but I think it's cute that you got that from me.  :)
I love your big blue eyes, especially when you watch in wonder.
I love it when you decide to share with someone or you do something nice. 
I love every single thing about you.

And I sit here and wonder...if I love you this much at four years old, just imagine how much I will love you at fourteen or at twenty-four or even thirty-four, just like I am now.  Funny how life is.

I wish I could stop time and make these years last forever.  But I know, like you want to do so much, you have to grow.  I hope I can continue to be the best mommy I can be for you so that you can grow into the best person you can be. 


Happy Birthday, my sweet, sweet girl. 

Love,
Mommy

1 comments:

PRL said...

Our sweet little four year olds! Why, oh, why does time fly?