Monday, October 4, 2010

Very Delayed Update

Yes, I have been a MAJOR slacker.  It has been too long, and even since I have posted, I have not posted any monumental events (like the fact that Amelia has been walking for almost two months now - in fact, she's almost trotting now).  Yes, our little baby girls are growing by leaps and bounds.

Ella Pearl is getting to be such a big girl.  She is in school twice a week at The Met's Lamb School program, and it is such a wonderful place to be.  She loves her teachers, Mrs Kelley and Mrs Hilton, and she even naps on a mat at naptime!  The school does such wonderful things with the kids, like fingerpainting, sand art, and making all kinds of neat artwork.  Last week, Ella participated in a Fun Run, and in a few weeks, we have a pumpkin patch.  Ella has been talking so much lately, expanding her vocabulary every day.  When she sees football on the tv, she says, "C'mon Tigers!" or "Go Saints Go!"  Ella has great manners, saying, "Thank You," "Bless You," and "You're Welcome," and we're working on "Please" and "Excuse Me" (mainly when she toots!).  She knows all the Sesame Street characters by name, and she and Amelia are planning to be who else other than Bert and Ernie for Halloween.  She's goes to sleep every night in her big girl bed, and when I tuck her in, she tells me "Good Night, Mom...I love you."  Completely and utterly melts my heart every night.  She loves rice, pasta and pickles...her favorite movie this week is Follow that Bird.  Her best friends are Meganne and IV, and I can't even begin to name her favorite song because the child is ALWAYS singing (sounds like someone I know....)

Then there is my little precious angel, Amelia.  Amelia has grown up so much quicker than I ever imagine, quicker than Ella ever thought about growing up.  She is constantly trying to keep up with her big sister, and she does an excellent job at it.  Amelia had six teeth which seemed to pop out all at once super early.  Then I was talking to some friends today trying to remember when Amelia learned to crawl....I just looked back, and she was crawling in June, so that would be seven months.  A month a half later, she was taking her first steps.  And now, she's pretty much jogging!  Ha ha...ok, maybe not jogging, but she is walking everywhere at 10 months.  She no longer crawls, and we're in that phase of bumps and bruises, but she's pretty good on her feet nowadays.  She's such a happy spirit.  I was so blessed to have my second baby be such a sweet, happy little pumpkin.  She has the most contagious, sweet laugh, and her little dimples frame her perfect little smile.  And of course, then there's that head of thick, curly hair...it is GORGEOUS, and people talk about it everywhere we go.  Amelia loves her big sister, and Ella loves her right back.  They have their moments, but I truly can tell Ella is just chomping at the bit for when Amelia will finally be able to play with her.  They play well together sometimes too....it all depends on the day and time.  Amelia loves rice and fruit, and she is hilarious when she slurps noodles.  She dances when she hears music, and she giggles when she sees Elmo. 

I love my two babies so much, and every day is a new adventure bringing them up.  I am so blessed to have the opportunity to witness their daily progress, and I love being Ella and Amelia's mommy.

0 comments: