Friday, August 27, 2010

Ella-isms

I have SO much to catch up on in my last month or two of SLACKING as a momma blogger, but I have got to record some of the Ella-isms that my character of a daughter has been presenting to me in the last few days.


First of all, she wants to be a dog so badly. If dog food were bad for humans, Ella would be in trouble because she sneaks a morsel of puppy chow on a daily basis. I often catch her at the doggy bowl, pull her away, and finger sweep her mouth to find a mouth full of crumbs. She's a quick one, alright.

When my dog Zoe eats her food, she puts a few pellets in her mouth, walks over to the living room, drops them on the floor, and eats them up, one by one. Let's not even cover the uncleanliness or lack of hygeine here. I know! But I digress...so a few days ago, I found Ella on her hands and knees in the living room, putting her face to the carpet. What is she doing now, I wondered. When she lifted her head, I saw a few doggie crumbles on the floor. She had gone to the bowl, put a few pieces of food in her mouth, came to the living room and dropped them on the floor. She then proceeded to eat the food off the floor, just like Zoe. After you stomach churns, how can you NOT laugh at that?! Needless to say, we had a long talk about how dogs eat off the floor and people eat at the table....with much more appetizing food.....and utensils.

And she has been saying "Thank You" and "Your Welcome." Makes a momma proud to give her lunch, and she says, "Thank you, mom!" We're still working on "Please." She also says, "Good Morning" to everyone when she wakes up (as long as she wakes up in a good mood). Even Zoe sometimes gets a "Good Morning!" She's been quite the chatterbox, even saying sentences now. "Where Daddy go?" "Ella get in tub" and my personal favorite, "Ella eat!" Another one of my all-time favorites is when she says, "I love you!" Seriously, I do not want her to grow up! Stay this age forever!!!

Another thing Ella is notorious for is singing (surprise, surprise, I know). Seriously though, this child is ALWAYS singing. And she knows songs just after hearing them once or twice. I made a Sesame Street CD as a party favor for her birthday party, and we listened to it a few times on the way to Louisiana with my mom a few weeks ago. That was the only time she had listened to it, and yet now she goes around the house singing Big Bird's Song and Bert's "Doing the Pigeon." She's always surprised us by singing in key (*even before she could talk!), but now she's proving to either be a master of memorization or truly just loves music. Either way, I'm a happy momma!

The last Ella-ism, if you may, happened tonight, which really made me smile. Bart had gone to our nephew Taylor's football game, so I was making dinner for me and the girls. I had put a few nuggets down for Ella to tie her over while I fixed Amelia's fruit and cereal cuisine, and I noticed Ella hadn't started eating yet. I told her she could eat her nuggets and dip, and I continued running around the kitchen getting the rest prepared. Then I hear her say, "Father, Son, and Spit - Amen!" I just about busted out laughing...but I kept my composure and said the grace with her. It was PRECIOUS, and it made me so proud! Maybe some of the things we do every day ARE sinking in!!

Have I mentioned how much I love being a mother??

0 comments: